San Francisco State University
Asian American & Pacific Islander Student Services
Asian American & Pacific Islander Student Services is designed to address and promote college access and success by identifying and removing institutional barriers for Asian American and Pacific Islander students at San Francisco State University. We offer First Year Experience (FYE) learning communities, ASPIRE Linked courses within Asian American Studies and Race and Resistance Studies, ASPIRE Study Circles, 1:1 support, workshops and campus-wide events.
Description: The Student Assistant for Asian American & Pacific Islander Student Services will support the daily operation of the office, support workshops and campus wide events. We are looking to hire one (1) individual who is interested in promoting social justice and culturally relevant and responsive practices.
For consideration, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
● Must be work-study/ financial aid qualified to apply
● Students who have a strong commitment to Social Justice
● Minimum grade point average of 3.0
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Positive attitude
● Must be available to attend trainings, retreats, weekly meetings
● Students who have worked closely with college students
● Students who have experience with tutoring and peer mentoring
● Solid written and oral communication skills
● Interest and availability to work a consistent 10-15 hours a week schedule between 9AM-5PM
● Strong Organizational Skills and attention to detail
● Strong skills with Microsoft Office
· Proficient in graphic design programs, marketing and social media strategies
· Knowledge of AA&PI Student Services – ASPIRE program
Hours: 12 hours/ week
Please submit a student employment application, your resume, and cover letter through the SFSU handshake portal online by October 12, 2020.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Arlene Daus-Magbual, Director for Asian American & Pacific Islander Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Upon hire, a student must complete the Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9). Documents that establish both identity and employment authorization will be required before you start.”